Moving into your first apartment marks a new era in your life, where you probably feel like a real adult for the first time.
It is equal parts thrilling and stressful. It comes with a ton of responsibilities, but also new found freedom. For those of you embarking on the journey for the first time, here is what to expect when move into your first apartment.
1. When you start looking at apartments
2. When you finally choose an apartment
3. After you applied and you get an incoming call from the landlord
4. When you find out that you are approved for the apartment
5. When you actually sign the lease
6. When you find out you can have a dog
7. When you meet your neighbor for the first time
8. Before you move any of your furniture in
9. When you go shopping for furniture
10. When you spend your first night
11. When you throw your first party
12. When your neighbors throw their first party
13. When you suddenly freak out because you think you forgot to pay the rent
14. When you realize that it’s your place and you can do whatever you want